The Nokia's Lumia has been plagued with cracked screen problems since the release of the Lumia 920. We have seen many complaints from lots of people that the Lumia 520 screens cracked or shattered for various causes. In some reports, people said they dropped the phone on the ground, and the touch screen digitizer was broken, but the LCD display functionality still works fine. In several reports, people told us that they just cracked lumia 520 screen assembly (both touch screen digitizer and LCD screen) completely, as the front glass was huge broken and the LCD displayed nothing.
If you've cracked the lumia 520 screen accidentally and you plan to just change it with a brand new one, ETrade Supply is here to help and we can walk you through screen repairs on not only this Nokia Lumia 520 but also other models including Nokia, iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Motorola,etc. In this tutorial article, we will show you how to DIY repair cracked lumia 520 screen and give you links to the parts and tools you need from our online store.
Tools and Parts You Need to DIY Fix the Cracked Screen on Lumia 520:
* Professional smartphone repair tools you need:
1. T4 Screwdriver.
2. Case open tool.
3. Plastic card.
* 100% OEM brand new Lumia 520 replacement parts you need:
3. Nokia Lumia 520 replacement screen assembly (including LCD screen and touch screen digitizer)
Detailed Steps on How to Disassemble Lumia 520 and Even replace the screen:
Before the start, you can protect the Lumia 520 screen with a piece of the protective film.
1. Release the back cover by pushing from the top part
2. Remove the back cover
3. Lift up the battery from the bottom and remove it.
4. Undo the 5 screws in the order shown.
5. Undo the 3 screws in the order shown.
6. Release the 2 clips on the left side, starting from the bottom.
7. Release the 2 clips on the right side, starting from the bottom.
8. Release the top side in the order shown.
9. Lift up and remove the middle frame in the order shown.
10. Lift up the speaker and then remove it.
11. Remove the gasket of the speaker.
12. Disconnect the connector of the display.
13. Disconnect the connector of the touch screen.
14. Release the touch screen connector from the motherboard.
15. Release the two clips which holding the motherboard.
16. Lift up and remove the motherboard.
17. Remove the camera.
18. Release the ear speaker and remove it.
19. Remove the gasket of the ear speaker.
20. Lift up and release the earphone earphone jack.
21. Remove the heat spreader
22. Release the display from the shown place.
23. Separate the screen assembly which including the touch screen digitizer and LCD screen from the screen support.
24. Protect the other side of the screen with the protective film.
25. Release and separate the LCD display from the screen assembly.
Finally, disassembly procedure is complete, you can replace the digitizer or screen assembly, and then reassemble the device in reverse order.