Solutions to Common Samsung Galaxy S4 Problems
BY alina | July 18th, 2013 | 175 | 5
Nothing is perfect. So does the Samsung Galaxy S4. Although the Galaxy S4 has got into the public’s good graces since released, some common problems are also accompanied according to the complaints from the S4 owners. If you have encountered these listed software problems, hope the following solutions could give you answers. But if you have met the hardware issues on your Galaxy S4 and need to repair its broken parts, ETrade Supply is always your best place to get the Samsung Galaxy S4 replacement parts.
• Galaxy S4 Battery Drain Issue
Many new Galaxy S4 owners would complain the 2600mAh battery is not enough to keep the phone charged the entire day because of the rapid battery drain for the 5.0-inch display and many other smart features of the device. In fact, the default settings were to blame. Samsung enabled all the smart features to be available in order to make the device as attractive as possible when the users do the test for the first time. Therefore, the remedy to this problem is to choose the settings you need and disable the ones that you don’t use.
1. Disable Wi-Fi, mobile data, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, etc. if you are not using.
2. Turn the Power Saving Model on.
3. Adjust screen brightness to a low level, and reduce your screen timeout duration.
• Wi-Fi Network Connection Problem
Lots of owners reported that their GS4 can’t connect to Wi-Fi, and found the connecting speed is very slow or the connection keeps dropping. All these issues could be caused by the hardware, the software, the setting, etc. which are complicate.
1. If you are using a D-Link router, you could solve this problem temporarily by reconnecting your Galaxy S4 and the router again.
2. If the hardwares are OK, then you can try the following steps.
1) Settings => Connections and tap Wi-Fi. Then tap Menu and make sure Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep is set to Always.
2) Or turn off Wi-Fi power save mode on your S4. Type *#0011# on the phone dialer, then Menu => Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi power save mode to Off.
3) Or change your router settings to 802.11 model
• Galaxy S4 Insufficient Storage
It’s normal that if you found the storage of your 16GB Galaxy S4 is only left 9.15GB after you got the device. The reason is that the operating system and the preloaded apps have taken up the rest of the storage.
1. Disable the apps that you don’t use. But be careful not to disable the native functions and features. You’d better follow these steps. Settings => More Tab => Applications Manager => All Tab => Find Apps to Disable => Tap Disable button.
2. Buy a microSD card. However, some apps can’t be installed to a microSD card. The good news is that Samsung has already rolled out an update that enables users to move apps to SD card, which should solve this lack of storage problem.
• Smart Features Problem
Galaxy S4 was advertised with the highlights of smart scroll, smart pause, smart stay, etc. However, many owners complain that these features don’t work for them. Does this mean the Galaxy S4 smart features don’t live up its reputation as advertised? Probably not.
1. Make sure you turn on in Setting => My Device => Smart Screen
2. Make sure the light is sufficiently bright for your S4 to see you.
• Galaxy S4 Lag Issue
You can’t accept the fact that Samsung’s flagship smartphone lags often without apparent reason. However, according to the developers, this is the new feature of Galaxy S4 -- S Lag, which was caused by bloatware that caused TouchWiz to freeze sometimes.
1. Settings => More => Application Manager => All => Tap Apps One by One => Disable
2. Settings => My Device => Lock Screen, then tap Unlock Effect and change it to None
3. If the home button lags, you have to double press the Home Button to launch S Voice, then press the Menu key and choose Settings to uncheck Open Via the Home Key.
If you have met other S4 problems rather than the above mentioned, leave your comments. We’ll do our utmost to help you.